Are being used as in mobile processors in most smart phones as the main CPU including Apple, HTC, Samsung and Nokia phones.
Arm Holdings headquarters is based in Cambridge, UK and employs over 2’000 people. The company was founded in 1990. Read more about them on their website.
In 2009 ASIC Design Services was established as an approved training
centre for official ARM training.
Extract from the ARM website:
- The powerful ARM, Thumb® and Thumb-2 instruction sets
- big.LITTLE Processing
- DSP and SIMD extensions
- NEON™ advanced SIMD instructions for efficient multimedia processing
- IEEE 754-compliant hardware floating point support (VFP)
- Hardware-accelerated Java support (Jazelle®)
- TrustZone® security extensions
- Virtualization Extensions
I want to buy an ARM CPU
Take note that the ARM core is being sold to different manufacturers like ‘ATMEL’, ‘Texas Instruments’ and some others.
The picture to the right shows the Cortex-A CPU architecture. This multi-core debug and trace design offers scalable solutions for all markets. This design is applied right through the Cortex product range: from the high end Cortex-A to the low cost Cortex-M platform.
Thank you for vising THE STEM BLOG SA
Click on Subscribe, share or simply look me up on any of these networks: